Why should you be a CTA member?
- We provide our members with access, influence and protection.
- More members more clout! Strength in numbers.
- We give you the opportunity to actively be involved in the current legislative and regulatory process.
- We represent YOU!
- As a member, your partnership enhances and strengthens the industry position.
- Direct access to expert advice through our Help Line.
- In-house Policy Staff that answers your questions.
- Timely and accurate information on important industry developments and changes.
- If you are not a member, you do not have access to these resources and are paying too much for compliance advice.
- Safety and Compliance seminars to keep you informed.
- Discount transportation supplies through our in-house supply center.
- Circle Club Benefit Partner programs offered exclusively to members
- Become a member partner today!
What has the CTA done recently?
- Worked extensively with members of the Legislature and the Administration on a transportation funding package. The transportation package that passed the California Senate and Assembly on April 6 included many of the provisions that CTA advocated on behalf of its members for 3 years.
- Included in the transportation funding package was the CTA’s Board of Directors approved Useful Life concept. No retrofitting or replacement of trucks until later of 13 years or 800,000 miles, with cap of 18 years from the date the engine is certified by CARB/EPA for use applied to rules adopted/amended after 2017.
- Not included in the transportation package was an increase for weight fees and VLF. This supports CTA’s long standing position of opposing weight fee and VLF increases.
- Participated in the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD) Board process to kill amendments that would have directed staff to adopt facility cap regulations on ports and warehouses.
- Worked with Caltrans to establish a winter road closure process for members that provided suppliers and customers with confirmation that the freeway was not open during certain times/dates and members could utilize this information when faced with delay charges.
- Reduced the VLF tax on power units and established permanent trailer plates virtually eliminating annual trailer license fees.
- Guarded and preserved California’s prohibition of cities and counties assessing a business license against trucking.
- Developed with the CHP an administrative process for BIT compliance.
- Sponsored and secured passage of legislation to facilitate on-line and CTA assisted commercial vehicle registration.
- Worked with DMV to establish an expedited Medical Certification process.
- Established a statewide forum to resolve extra legal permit issues.
- Secured an amendment that carved the trucking industry out of AB 1897 - shared liability legislation.
- Secured an exemption from onerous cargo securement regulations.
- Successfully resisted the attempts of the South Coast Air Quality Management District for regional diesel fuel.
What Can the CTA do for you?
- Defend the ability of members to conduct businesses in California through legislative and regulatory advocacy.
- Provide our members with expert advice on key issues affecting your operation and profitability.
- Promote a positive California trucking industry to the public, media, state and local governments.
- Provide our members with access, influence and protection.
- Support safety and compliance through training seminars.
- Member discount in the CTA Supply Center.