Why should you be a CTA member?
- We provide our members with access, influence and protection.
- More members more clout! Strength in numbers.
- We give you the opportunity to actively be involved in the current legislative and regulatory process.
- We represent YOU!
- As a member, your partnership enhances and strengthens the industry position.
- Direct access to expert advice through our Help Line.
- In-house Policy Staff that answers your questions.
- Timely and accurate information on important industry developments and changes.
- If you are not a member, you do not have access to these resources and are paying too much for compliance advice.
- Safety and Compliance seminars to keep you informed.
- Discount transportation supplies through our in-house supply center.
- Circle Club Benefit Partner programs offered exclusively to members
- Become a member partner today!
What has the CTA done recently?
- Reduced the VLF tax on power units and established permanent trailer plates virtually eliminating annual trailer license fees.
- Held down commercial vehicle taxes during repeated years of California’s budget deficits.
- Guarded and preserved California’s prohibition of cities and counties assessing a business license against trucking.
- Developed with the CHP an administrative process for BIT compliance.
- Sponsored and secured passage of legislation to facilitate on-line and CTA assisted commercial vehicle registration.
- Worked with DMV to establish an expedited Medical Certification process.
- Established a statewide forum to resolve extra legal permit issues.
- Secured an amendment that carved the trucking industry out of AB 1897 - shared liability legislation.
- Secured an exemption from onerous cargo securement regulations.
- Successfully resisted the attempts of the South Coast Air Quality Management District for regional diesel fuel.
What Can the CTA do for you?
- Defend the ability of members to conduct businesses in California through legislative and regulatory advocacy.
- Provide our members with expert advice on key issues affecting your operation and profitability.
- Promote a positive California trucking industry to the public, media, state and local governments.
- Provide our members with access, influence and protection.
- Support safety and compliance through training seminars.
- Member discount in the CTA Supply Center.