NextGen Program FAQs
Who is the program for?
The NextGen Program was created to serve young professional CTA members. Any NextGen employee at any CTA member company can participate in the NextGen Program.
Why was the program created?
Young professional CTA members are the future of CTA and the industry, so the program was created to provide them access to education, networking, professional resources, and leadership opportunities.
What is the NextGen Taskforce?
The NextGen Taskforce is a small group of NextGen members who steer and guide the program to make sure the program serves the needs of young professional members.
What are the benefits of being involved with the NextGen Program?
- Building relationships with your peers both professionally and personally.
- Expanding your industry knowledge through access to educational and professional resources only available to CTA members.
- Developing leadership skills to achieve your professional goals.
Is there a cost to participate?
No, there is no cost to participate. If your company is a member of CTA and you are 40 or under, you can participate in the program.
When did the program start and what events have been held so far?
The NextGen Program was launched in early 2019 and the following four events were held during the 2019 year:
- January: Social and Inspirational Speakers in San Diego
- February: Legislative Training in Sacramento
- June: Women in Trucking Breakfast Panel in Acampo
- November: Women in Trucking Happy Hour and Panel in San Diego
How do I, my co-workers, or my employees get involved in NextGen?
To get involved, make sure you are on the NextGen email list, so you can receive information on NextGen events and news. For questions and/or to be added to the list, contact Heather Oneto at (916) 373-3543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"CTA has provided me with exceptional personal and professional growth and helps me get out of my comfort zone. I’m able to take part in things I’d never imagined taking part in."
-Adam Gallagher, Director of Safety, Devine Intermodal
“The CTA is beneficial because it allows people who come from the same industry to join together to help solve and combat the issues that each one of our companies face day in and day out. Other young professionals should join because the CTA it is a resource for growth and education. In addition, the CTA acts as the ‘political voice’ for the California Trucking Industry. Policy enacts change, and as a trucking industry the only way we do that is with the help and guidance of the CTA and its staff."
- John Yandell III, Marketing Manager, Yandell Truckaway, Inc.