Your membership investment enables CTA to fight for you!
YOUR RETURN ON INVESTMENT SCORECARD:
- CTA placed limits into California law on truck fleet rules. Due to this CTA win, California cannot require trucks to be replaced, retrofitted or re-powered until the later of: 13 years or 800,000 miles, up to a maximum of 18 years. YOUR ROI: Savings to the industry of $5.5 billion
- CTA successfully achieved a carve out for trucking within a joint employer liability piece of legislation that passed the California state legislature. If the carve out had not been achieved by CTA, you would have seen increased exposure to class action litigation with the creation of joint liability with both subcontractors and shippers for wage claims. YOUR ROI: $70,000 per lawsuit prevented (By CalChamber estimates)
- CTA successfully reduced the mandatory fine of $1,000 for illuminated malfunction indicator light violations to correctable violations with no penalty under the Clean Truck Check program. YOUR ROI: Millions per year
- CTA prevented increases in truck registration fees, VLF and weight fees when the state legislature passed its 10 year infrastructure funding package. YOUR ROI: $1 billion per year saved by trucking industry
- CTA has successfully advocated for state environmental incentive funding for trucking. YOUR ROI: $500 million per year
- CTA played a critical role in the FMCSA’s recent finalized rule that continued the historical load securement regulations (versus new, costlier rules under consideration). YOUR ROI: Savings to the industry of $120 million, or $2,000 per applicable trailer.
- CTA amended state legislation to minimize exposure for port trucking joint wage claim liability. YOUR ROI: Invaluable
- CTA worked with DMV to significantly streamline the Medical Certificate receipt confirmation process for motor carriers. YOUR ROI: Time is Money
- CTA has stopped more than 30 local California jurisdictions from overcharging extralegal haulers to obtain a single trip permit. YOUR ROI: Invaluable
- CTA carved out commercial vehicles from legislation that would prohibit fleets from utilizing in-vehicle cameras, which prevents nuclear verdicts and lawsuits. YOUR ROI: Avoiding Bankruptcy and Costly Lawsuits
CTA ROI (SAVINGS TO YOU) OF $1,095 FOR EACH TRUCK YOU OPERATE.
YOUR RETURN ON INVESTING IN CTA WILL CONTINUE IN THE MONTHS AHEAD WITH THESE ACTION ITEMS...
- CTA continues to fight the application of the “ABC” worker classification test brought on by CA Supreme Court’s ruling in the Dynamex case after refiling federal litigation with the Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) against the CA Attorney General. A win in this lawsuit would conservatively save the industry $10 billion due to retroactive liability for minimum wage, meal & rest, unreimbursed business expenses and other exposure, plus attorney’s fees, penalties, business model changes and decreased efficiencies.
- CTA filed and won a lawsuit supported by the Refrigerated Carriers Conference arguing the Air Resource Board does not have the authority to establish fees in Transport Refrigeration Unit regulation. The ruling in this case set precedent that ARB lacks authority to establish fees without explicit legislative approval and will save refrigerated carriers $48,578,000 in fees owed to the ARB over the next 10 years.
- CTA is working with our Heavy Specialized Carriers Conference and CalTrans to develop and implement a fully automatic transportation permit system that would save significant time and money for certain types of loads and variance permits.
EVERY NUMBER TELLS A STORY. THAT STORY IS CONSISTENT THROUGHOUT.
CTA is fighting, winning and delivering for you in the toughest state in the country.
INVEST IN CTA. PARTICIPATE. PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS.